This is a beginners workshop and an introduction to acrylic paints, and will cover:
- Textures and Brush Signatures
As a beginners workshop, all materials will be provided.
What you need: We will provide a canvas and paper, paint and all materials - you can bring your own if desired (as below). Please bring a packed lunch - there are refreshments on site.
For any students who wish to bring their own materials, below is the list we will provide on the day and you need to bring the same or equivalent:
- 75ml tubes of acrylic paint; Cadmium Red Deep, Lemon Yellow, Ultramarine, Mars Black and Titanium White and Sap Green
- an easel (we do have own should you wish to borrow it.)
- paper kitchen towel
- a painting apron
- 2 containers for water (preferably not glass)
- plastic palette or a saucer for mixing paint
- a 1 inch wide flat synthetic hair (watercolour) brush
- a half inch round synthetic hair brush
- a half inch flat acrylic bristle brush
- a half inch long rigger
- any other paint brushes you might care to bring
- some reference for a painting you might like to try, and most importantly...
- an open and willing heart with a smile!
Tickets: £50 - with materials
Tutor: Dave White
Dave has been a professional artist since 2004 when he was made redundant from his job as a Finance Director. Dave was told by his art teacher at school in 1973 that “his art would not amount to anything” and so he switched A level emphasis to numbers as opposed to art and didn’t paint again until 2004. Since then he has earned a full time living from acrylic art to feed his family of four.
"I believe art is not a black box for the benefit of the few but that we all have a creative gift which needs to be nurtured and developed."- Dave White.
Dave has exhibited annually at Crufts and the New Forest Show. Contracted in 2011 to write a book for Search Press called Ready to Paint; Horses in Acrylics and was Artist in Residence for the Rhinefield House Hotel in the New Forest from 2005 - 2017. He also published Sea and Sky in Acrylicsin October 2015 which sold over 30,000 copies. Dave was even voted Best Professional in the Abstract and Experimental Category of the SAA Artist of the Year 2015. His latest book Painting Dog Portraits in Acrylics was published worldwide October 2018.
Sessions: Friday 28 January, 10am – 4pm & Friday 29 April
Book your space for the Acrylic Forestscapes For Beginners with Hampshire Cultural Trust's Forest Arts Centre, New Milton now!
We are taking steps to help everyone have a safe and enjoyable time. More information is available here