Fudge and Mabel are proud to present beginner’s needle felting workshops!
Come and learn a fun and therapeutic craft and use beautiful sustainable wool to make your very own needle felted creations! This is a full day workshop and will run from 10am to 4pm.
The workshop cost includes a felting set, containing wool, a felting mat, needles and finger guards, all yours to take home with you at the end of the day.
Bottled water is provided, but please remember to bring with a packed lunch. Refreshments can be purchased from the Red House Museum café.
- Saturday 23 November – Pumpkins
- Saturday 13 November – Robins
- Saturday 18 December – Christmas Gnomes
The workshop will cover:
- Preparation of the wool and traditional needle felting techniques.
- Materials, tools and safe use of felting needles.
- Wool/Fibre rolling techniques and basic shapes.
- ’Stabbing’ techniques and learning how to sculpt your wool into a 3-D creation.
All materials and use of tools are included.
Please note: All participants are required to wear a mask or a visor for the workshop, unless exempt. Children over the age of 10 are welcome, but will need to be accompanied by an adult. Please keep in mind very sharp tools will be used and it is more than likely that they will poke themselves with a needle!