Pedalling from venue to venue with all of their set, props and costumes on the back of their bikes, The HandleBards are a four-strong troupe of actors who are spending the summer bringing environmentally sustainable Shakespeare to venues across the UK.
Join the all-female troupe at Wellesley Woodlands with West End Centre for a bicycle-powered production of Shakespeare's classic. Forget the tears and tragedy - this is a frantic, delirious, full-of-beans show like you've never seen before.
This is an outdoor production, so please bring a chair or blanket to sit on, a picnic to dig into, and dress for the weather!
★★★★★ “Explodes with energy and is a genuine treat from start to finish” - The Stage, on the HandleBards’ Twelfth Night
Event: Friday 4 June, 7pm (6pm doors)
Tickets: £16 standard adult, £10 under 18s, £0 under 10 with every paying adult - please note that our Early Bird adult tickets have sold out
How it will work
We’ll be seating households and social bubbles at a social distance for the performance, in line with government regulations. Please make sure that booking is for your household/social bubble only. This will give us an idea of how many groups/picnics there will be on the day. If you want to book for someone else who isn’t in your household or social bubble please book their tickets as a new transaction.
Keeping you safe
To help keep everyone safe, we have a number of measures in line with government guidelines. Please look out for an email from us in the run up to the event which will give detailed guidance (please check your spam/junk folders), but these will include:
- Giving you a warm welcome at a safe distance
- Accepting pre-booked tickets only
- Using signage to help you maintain social distance
- Providing hand sanitiser for you to use
- Reducing capacity for this event
- Asking you to limit social interactions before, during and after the event to a group of no more than two households or up to six people from different households
- We encourage audience members aged 11+ to wear a face covering
- Collecting contact details for customers aged 16+ as required for NHS test and trace
- No refreshments will be available on site but you are welcome to bring your own picnic.
- Toilet facilities will be provided and regularly sanitised throughout the event
How to get there
The event location is near the Wellington Statue GU11 1QB. Free parking is available a very short walk from the venue. Anyone with mobility issues should contact the organisers for advice on the best place to park. We encourage all those who are able to, to attend on foot. The event location is approximately 10-15 minutes walk from the centre of Aldershot.
Buy tickets to see The Handlebards: Macbeth at Wellesley Woodlands with West End Centre now!
Please ensure you select the correct ticket(s) option when booking. We will be checking tickets upon arrival and reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who does not hold the appropriate ticket(s). Activities are subject to change and this event will take place dependent on government guidelines in place at the time.