Slapstick Picnic would like to cordially invite you to its inaugural summer tea party, where marvellous feats of performance and culinary capers await.
Over tea and cucumber sandwiches, we ask that you prepare to witness the impossible - the entirety of Oscar Wilde’s classic play of manners, affairs and handbags being performed by just two rather dashing entertainers.
From the creators of The HandleBards comes a fantastically wild(e) new production, ripping up the recipe book and celebrating silliness. With Slapstick Picnic, you can have your cake and eat it.
This is an outdoor production, so please bring your own chair or blanket to sit on, a picnic to dig into, and dress for the weather!
Event: Wednesday 30 June, 7pm (6pm doors)
Tickets: £14 early bird adult (until 30 April), £16 standard adult, £10 under 18s, £0 under 10 with every paying adult
How it will work
We’ll be seating households and social bubbles at a social distance for the performance, in line with government regulations. Please make sure that booking is for your household/social bubble only. This will give us an idea of how many groups/picnics there will be on the day. If you want to book for someone else who isn’t in your household or social bubble please book their tickets as a new transaction.
Keeping you safe
To help keep everyone safe, we have a number of measures in line with government guidelines. Please look out for an email from us in the run up to the event which will give detailed guidance (please check your spam/junk folders), but these will include:
- Giving you a warm welcome at a safe distance
- Accepting pre-booked tickets only
- Using signage to help you maintain social distance
- Providing hand sanitiser for you to use
- Reducing capacity for this event
- Asking you to limit social interactions before, during and after the event to a group of no more than two households or up to six people from different households
- We encourage audience members aged 11+ to wear a face covering
- No refreshments will be available on site but you are welcome to bring your own picnic
- Toilet facilities will be provided and regularly sanitised throughout the event
How to get there
The event location is Rockbourne Roman Villa, Rockbourne Road, Rockbourne, near Fordingbridge, SP6 3PG. This is a rural address therefore please use our postcode with your Sat Nav.
Buy tickets to see Slapstick Picnic: The Importance of Being Earnest at Hampshire Cultural Trust’s Rockbourne Roman Villa with Forest Arts Centre now!
Please ensure you select the correct ticket(s) option when booking. We will be checking tickets upon arrival and reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who does not hold the appropriate ticket(s). Activities are subject to change and this event will take place dependent on government guidelines in place at the time