The fifty fifth Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition will immerse you in the breathtaking diversity of the natural world. Encounter the beauty and fragility of wildlife, see fascinating animal behaviour and get to know extraordinary species. Go deeper and discover the surprising - and often challenging - stories behind the images during a time of environmental crisis.
The Wildlife Photographer of the Year annual competition provides a showcase for the world’s very best nature photography. The competition is owned and operated by the world-renowned Natural History Museum. A panel of international experts selected the awarded images from almost 50,000 entries by the world's best photographers.
Visiting the Exhibition
- Please note that Winchester Discovery Centre is operating reduced opening hours and visitor numbers at this time.
- Wildlife Photographer of the Year is a ticketed exhibition. Please pre-book your admission ticket and preferred visiting time.
- If you do not have a pre-booked admission ticket and entry time, or arrive late for your visiting time, we will do our best to accommodate you, but we cannot guarantee that you will be able to visit the exhibition.
- Entrance is via a separate queue on the terrace outside the Discovery Centre by the café. Your ticket allows you entrance to The Gallery and exhibition shop at City Space only. Please make separate plans to visit the library.
- Please note that the passenger lift at Winchester Discovery Centre is out of order. We are therefore unable to welcome visitors with access needs to The Gallery.
- Follow the booking link below for ticket details and further terms and conditions. Your ticket allows you to return to the exhibition as many times as you like with no additional charge (subject to availability on the day).
We look forward to welcoming you to The Gallery soon.