You will play an important part in welcoming and caring for visitors to Westbury Manor and keeping it open to the public. As a Front of House Volunteer you will work in the café/shop greeting visitors on arrival, ensuring high standards of presentation, serving customers and assisting with stock management. Our aim is that visitors have an enjoyable and interesting visit to Westbury Manor whether it’s visiting our exhibitions and events, popping in the shop for a gift, or enjoying a relaxing cup of tea/coffee in the café.
- Providing a friendly welcome to Westbury Manor for all visitors and serving our customers
- Till operation and money handling
- Engaging with customers, answering questions and directing them accordingly
- Stock management – keeping shelves well stocked, stock rotation, checking best before dates etc.
- Light cleaning duties including dusting, hoovering, surface cleaning, toilet cleaning
- Assisting the Visitor Services Assistants to meet the venue targets for retail, catering and donations.
- Café specific – basic food prep, table clearance, occasional table service
Comprehensive training in customer service and event specific will be given. Daily supervision by the Visitor Services Assistant and tasks established by the Manager. In-depth induction to all venue H&S and operational procedures plus on-going support and refresher sessions.
You’ll be part of a friendly and dedicated team with the opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills and pass on your own experience. Most importantly, you’ll be playing a part in keeping this very special site open. Volunteers receive a Culture Card which entitles them to free entry to paid HCT venues and a 10% discount in all HCT cafes and shops.