Hampshire Cultural Trust Concessions and Discounts Policy
Our museums, arts centres and galleries are friendly, welcoming places where people come together to experience culture, discover stories and make memories through our collections, exhibitions, projects and events.
We recognise that a barrier to participating in cultural activities for many people is the cost of entry. At our venues where entry charges apply, we:
- Offer a flexible range of prices and ticket types wherever possible
- Have a range of concession tickets in place that reduce the cost of entry for those visitors who qualify
- Review prices regularly to ensure they are affordable
Concessions are available for the following visitor groups:
- Students (16+) with relevant ID
- British military personnel with a valid Defence Discount Service card, military ID or veteran military ID
- Senior citizens (state pension 66+ years old 1 December 2020)
- Disabled people, with free entry for one personal assistant (carer)
- Those in receipt of Universal Credit
When purchasing a concession priced ticket, customers should ensure that the person the ticket is intended for meets the correct criteria and brings proof of eligibility on the day of attendance. Multiple members of a party wishing to claim the concessionary rate of entry will need to evidence their receipt of one of the above criteria.
At all our venues, we welcome personal assistants (carers) with those visitors that require them. If a customer requires multiple personal assistants, arrangements need to be made with the venue.
Discounts and offers
In addition to concession prices, we offer a variety of discounted prices for the following visitor groups:
- Families (up to five people; maximum two adults; children 5-15 years old)
- Children aged 5 – 15 years old
- Children under 5 visit free
- National Art Pass/Art Fund members receive 50% discount on adult or concession prices
- Museum Association members visit free
The discounts listed apply to standard museum venue admission prices and discounts may vary for ticketed events and experiences. Prices and discounts at arts centres will vary according to the pricing model for events, some of which are controlled by third party promoters.
From time to time, we may offer additional promotional discounts, including free days for special events, for example Heritage Open Days.
Groups and schools
We encourage group visits from schools, social groups, special-interest groups, large families or other organisations. Discounted prices are available for groups of 15 or more visiting at the same time.
Personal assistants (carers) entitled to a free ticket do not count towards the minimum number of 15 people required to form a group.
Effective 1 December 2020