Through access to local heritage and by engaging in high-quality activity, ICE - Inspire, Create, Exchange - Heritage aims to promote positive mental health, provide longer term opportunities for young people by using creativity to build emotional resilience and bring attention to what museums can do to provide positive support for more young people.
The ICE Heritage project is a collaboration between Hampshire Cultural Trust and Hampshire CAMHS, provided by Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. ICE Heritage follows on from The ICE Project, a successful project that ran from January 2017 to January 2020 using the arts as a positive way for young people to acquire skills and express themselves, with the resulting positive impact on both their psychological health and emotional wellbeing.
ICE Heritage aims to address and explore important mental health issues in young people using creative engagement with local heritage. It will also work with artists to explore themes such as identity and self-care, creating exhibitions to share with local communities.
Inspire, Create and Exchange (ICE) Heritage aims are:
- To INSPIRE and CREATE cultural progression pathways for young people who are known to, on our waiting list, receiving treatment or recently discharged from mental health services.
- Develop creative engagement with local heritage which will help participants explore themes such as identity and self-care along with other pertinent key issues and topics that arise.
- Create exhibitions to share with the local community and establish independent journeys to improved longer-term wellbeing.
How young people can get involved:
- You need to be aged 11 - 18yrs
- You need to be known to Hampshire CAMHS - this can mean you are waiting for a CAMHS intervention, in CAMHS services or have been recently discharged.
To find out more ask you clinician or your local CAMHS team, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming INSPIRE Days - FREE Taster sessions
FAREHAM - Thursday 18 November, 5pm - 8pm at Westbury Manor Museum
ANDOVER - Sunday 7 November, 10:30am - 2:30pm at Andover Museum
ALDERSHOT - Saturday 13 November, 10:30am - 2.30pm at Aldershot Military Museum
Go to Hampshire CAMHS to register for a place or to find out more
For more information or how to refer young people onto the programme please contact Cat Cooke, Community Programmes Manager by e-mail: email@example.com
The programmes will be delivered at the following Hampshire Cultural Trust museums: Westbury Manor Museum (Fareham), Andover Museum and Aldershot Military Museum.