Wessex Dance Academy is changing lives through dance, giving confidence and self-esteem to young people in Hampshire who really need it.
Wessex Dance Academy is a 12 week, full-time programme for young people aged between 15 and 24 from across the county. Since 2009, we have worked with nearly 200 young people.
As a partnership project between Hampshire Cultural Trust and Hampshire County Council, the Academy’s artistic ambition matches its ambition to provide a safe, caring learning environment where young people can succeed and achieve, making it a unique project that clearly demonstrates to everyone how the arts can bring significant changes to how social care is offered.
- 12 week programme
- 5 days a week
- Professional mentoring
- Contemporary dance with three pieces of choreography
- Increased self-esteem
- Better able to build positive relationships
- Learn to achieve goals
- Build a more positive mental and physical outlook
- Reduction in risky behaviour and impulsiveness
- Better able to manage responsibilities
- Better communication skills
- Daily routine and commitment
For more information, please visit the Wessex Dance Academy website.