Hopes and Dreams
Open to young people across Hampshire in three age categories:
4 to 7 years | 8 to 11 years | 12 to 16 years
Hampshire Young Poets is a partnership between Hampshire Cultural Trust and Winchester Poetry Festival.
In the first annual search to find the top young poets in Hampshire, we’d like you to write a poem about your hopes and your dreams. They could be for your family, they could be for our planet, they could be for you. Tell us in a poem of no more than 14 lines what your hopes are for the future. Entries will be judged by Hampshire Poet 2020, Kathryn Bevis. The winners and runners-up will be announced at an awards ceremony at Winchester Discovery Centre on Saturday 2 October 2021.
First prize in each category: £50 National Book Token
Second prize in each category: £25 National Book Token
Third prize in each category: £10 National Book Token
Prizes generously sponsored by Phire Ltd.
Competition closing date: Saturday 31 July 2021.
How to enter
To submit your poem online, follow the below link to the competition entry form.
On a separate sheet of A4 paper, please provide the following information:
Your name, address, age at time of submitting entry plus a contact telephone number and email address. Please also tell us where you heard about the competition.
Send your poem and entry sheet in an envelope to:
Hampshire Young Poets 2021: Hopes and Dreams
Hampshire Cultural Trust
Hampshire SO23 8RB
- The competition is open to any young person in the three specified age categories who lives or studies in Hampshire.
- Entry is free.
- Entries can be submitted online or by post.
- The poem should be no longer than 14 lines,in English, be the entrant’s own work and should not have been published elsewhere, including online, and not have won any other competition. You may enter more than one poem if you wish.
- Closing date is midnight GMT 31 July 2021.
- No changes can be made once entries have been submitted.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be contacted by email or post and announced at a ceremony at Winchester Discovery Centre on Saturday 2 October 2021.